Loves Eternal Blossom

                               




                                            


She was the prettiest girl I ever saw it was the best of times and the start of the worst of times unbeknownst to me. It was the start of time when she intrigued my dreams and made my sleepless nights into a fantasy. One glimpse of her an my heart would flip like a burger patty on a fiery hot grill.

Every day as life took me by the cafe on errands to the market I would get a glance of her lost in the world of a novel while sipping a cup of coffee on a cold rainy evening in the midst of the chaos of that quaint but sometimes bustling with life noisy cafe that was life and soul of the neighborhood and the best place to hangout for the local old folk.

Then came that fateful stormy day she left the cafe and ran out into the pouring rain the grey clouds rumbled as the great gods tears on my impending doom fell with a splash moistening the soft brown earth and making it into a chocolatey mess. My shoes splashed through the mud as I ran after her as fast as I could.

When I caught up to her I pulled her close and looked into her eyes the drops began to get heavier the gods were crying even harder knowing I was pulling myself into a. Vortex of trouble which I would never pull myself out of anytime soon. I was about to lose my heart to her.

The perfume of the parched earth mixed with the perfume of her jasmine garlands penetrated my nostrils as the heavy raindrops drenched us to the skin. The silence between us and the fraction of space between our lips as we stared intently into each other eyes was intruded on by a solitary raindrop that trickled down her lips as I held her in my arms.

After a while of intently looking at each other and realizing the rain was never going stop she took my hand and pulled me along with her under the nearest tree. We sat down for while under that tree looking at the puddles become swirling rivers of mud and muck gurgling into the gutter. That was clearly a hint my life was going down the gutter but still the feel of her fingers between mine took my mind of the gurgling hopeless sewerage system of our city and filled my heart with a hope that she would be mine someday.

She flipped out her phone and decided to capture most of our rainy moments. The feel of her silky black hair which tumbled down in dark black waves as she posed for a picture with me simply took my attention away from the camera. All I wanted to do was close my eyes and breathe in every single bit of her perfume that emanated from her. I wanted to capture that perfume in a vial and sniff at it whenever the madness of missing her set in.

Summer turned to fall and winter turned to spring and our loved bloomed like flowers in spring after a long sleep in winter. I wished things would remain like this and uttered a prayer to the gods above. Nearing October when the perfume of Shiuli flowers and incense fill the air and the arrival of ma was eminent, something we all wait for in Bengal every year the dynamics of our relationship began to change for the better.

Secret meetings in the paddy fields, hide and seek in the forest , chasing each other across wild streams followed by savouring of ripe golden mangoes from heavily burdened mango trees that stooped low and sheltered the streams with cool pale shadows the flame of love began to rekindle and glow as bright as the lights going up in the city before the arrival of ma and the crackers of Diwali

Durga puja arrived and so did Ma but she had not made and appearance, four days passed and there was still no sign of her. Finally, when Dashami arrived so did she. She looked beautiful and radiant with a warm glow on her cheek when she came to meet me in the pandal after ignoring me for most of the days of Durga puja. I asked her why she did not meet me all these days to which she answered “my heart was battling with my head I needed some time to think.” So as ma embarked on her journey to princep ghat she took me aside and said “I need to tell you something” I whispered softly “what?” And she said “I love you always have since that rainy day when you came running after me outside the cafe.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Walks Around My City !!

SPY DIARIES: A Tale of Narcotics and Mysterious Romance

How Do You Know The One ?